So the time has gotten away from me, and on my dresser still sits my christmas cards, that I never sent out... whoops!
I was never the 'letter writer' kind of Christmas card sender, but it seems this year has been the year of email Christmas letters... I figured I would use this time to restart my blog with a fresh overhaul, and update you on our busy year!
We moved from Salt Lake City, Utah last December, across the country to Charlotte, North Carolina! I know, 'why did you move there?' James is from this area, and we were ready to buy a house, and well... it's cheaper here! So 2 weeks before Christmas last year, we closed on our house and rushed to set up a tree and make the kids feel cozy and comfortable with all the change they had ahead.
So our year at a glance:
I was never the 'letter writer' kind of Christmas card sender, but it seems this year has been the year of email Christmas letters... I figured I would use this time to restart my blog with a fresh overhaul, and update you on our busy year!
We moved from Salt Lake City, Utah last December, across the country to Charlotte, North Carolina! I know, 'why did you move there?' James is from this area, and we were ready to buy a house, and well... it's cheaper here! So 2 weeks before Christmas last year, we closed on our house and rushed to set up a tree and make the kids feel cozy and comfortable with all the change they had ahead.
So our year at a glance:
He works long hours, usually 90 a week, but he's happier than he's ever been, and they take really good care of him. He's hoping for advancement, which they feel he is suited for, so he's just 'doing his time' until then.
I am the single wife. Which means, since my husband works 90 hours a week, usually weekends too, I have the title of the wife, but no husband around! I've got my hands full running this household, 2 acres of yardwork (which I have neglected sorely since the drought started) and taking care of two busy toddlers. I worked for a friend from home for 2 years, and finally quit working part time last month. It has been, to say the least, a relief to not have one more ball in my juggling act.
James is in the Elder's Quarum Presidency, which he has very little time to fulfill as it is, but he gives them his best when he has it to give. I am the Enrichment Leader, and threw together with short notice my first, but successful Activity which also happened to be the Christmas one. I am glad that's over and done with!
Maren is our ballerina. She started telling everyone before we moved that she "goes to ballet school." So we figured we'd enroll her. She started after Labor Day, and loves it with her entire being! She asks for me to put on music, and she dresses up every day just to dance. She learned this year how to write all the ABC's, some she knows better than others, and she calls anything to do with coloring 'homework.' The girl is far too serious and needs to learn how to play like a little child a bit more! She can't wait to grow up as she tells me all the time. She turns 4 in January, and will start Kindergarten next fall, I can't believe we're approaching that time in our lives already.
Kellan had a rough time with the move, but I'm happy to say has returned to being my little flirt. He has gotten over his insecurity and now loves everyone he comes in contact with, just as he always did since he was born. He's my lover-bud. Until about May of this year, he didn't really say anything people could understand, but now he talks all the live long day. His vocabulary multiplied by a thousand the last half of the year! He loves singing songs, and spends his day playing with anything that has wheels. He's a boy through and through.
We had one sister get married this year, and next week it is our brother's turn. We've redecorated our nest and settled in, we attempted a vegetable garden, and took our first real family vacation at a cozy little cottage resort. We've seen the beach, the beauty of spring blossoms everywhere you turn, the amazing fall colors and sunsets, and have thouroughly enjoyed our new life here in North Carolina.
On the agenda for our Christmas includes April and the kids taking another trip back to Utah just in time for her brother's wedding, so all you Utah friends and family, here we come!
I am the single wife. Which means, since my husband works 90 hours a week, usually weekends too, I have the title of the wife, but no husband around! I've got my hands full running this household, 2 acres of yardwork (which I have neglected sorely since the drought started) and taking care of two busy toddlers. I worked for a friend from home for 2 years, and finally quit working part time last month. It has been, to say the least, a relief to not have one more ball in my juggling act.James is in the Elder's Quarum Presidency, which he has very little time to fulfill as it is, but he gives them his best when he has it to give. I am the Enrichment Leader, and threw together with short notice my first, but successful Activity which also happened to be the Christmas one. I am glad that's over and done with!
We had one sister get married this year, and next week it is our brother's turn. We've redecorated our nest and settled in, we attempted a vegetable garden, and took our first real family vacation at a cozy little cottage resort. We've seen the beach, the beauty of spring blossoms everywhere you turn, the amazing fall colors and sunsets, and have thouroughly enjoyed our new life here in North Carolina.
On the agenda for our Christmas includes April and the kids taking another trip back to Utah just in time for her brother's wedding, so all you Utah friends and family, here we come!


3 comments:
Yay! You're finally on here!
I've popped your comment cherry! Who loves ya baby?!?!
I was on here two years ago Chica, I've just neglected it. I merely blew the layer of dust off of it today and got back on!
Hey April! Thanks for keeping in touch. I'm so glad to hear all about what's been going on in your family. It sounds like you two have a lot on your plates! Maren and Kellan are getting so big! Love you all, Karissa
Post a Comment