I can't wrap my mind around Kellan turning 8 . How has he gotten this old already? Old enough to help out with a lot of responsibilities in our home. Old enough to do many tasks independently. Old enough to make a choice to be baptized. He is losing the magic of being a little boy, and sneaking quietly into the realm of responsibilities. I couldn't be more proud of this kid.
He is an all star kind of boy. He has gradually moved away from eating, sleeping, breathing about video games. And has replaced it with his ambition to develop a 6 pack. Yes, you read that right. His interest focuses on all things that will give him bigger muscles.
He has a lot of charisma. This kid can melt into any circumstance and feel right at home. He is very confident, tender hearted, and everybody's friend. I like those traits in him very much. This year in school has been great for him too. He was nervous of the teacher he was assigned to. Kids have given her the reputation of being the strict one. But she was perfect for Kellan and he learned how much he loves her, and how it isn't good to predetermine things about a person until you give them a chance. She has said great remarks about him this year. "He's the kind of person who has his own way of finding a solution for an answer, sometimes in ways unexpected, but he arrives at the right answer." I love that! He will go far in life with that ability.
He learned this year about the truth of magical characters, and the magic in people. He makes dreams and plans all the time for things he wants to create when he is grown up. He talks about someday when he has a wife and kids like it is his second nature already. "I will need a limousine of course, because I will probably have 10 kids." That's my Kellan! Functioning at full capacity on every cylinder!
And only being eight for one day, he nearly had to reconsider all of his big plans coming up! Maxwell was curious and picked up a 20 lb kettle weight in the sports department. And instantly dropped it on Kellan's foot. He wooed the ladies at the hospital, and was insistent that we didn't cancel his birthday party. He even hammed it up while waiting for an X-ray. Thankfully it was just a good size bruise and some soft tissue swelling. Nothing broken! This time. I love this brown eyed, curly headed little boy. Heavenly Father couldn't have sent me a sweeter son to fulfill the big brothers place in our family.







0 comments:
Post a Comment