Thursday, July 12, 2012

My new philosophy

You either like me, or you don't. It took me 31 years to fully accept and love myself. I don't have the ability to spend that amount of time and work to convince you that I'm an amazing person. By judging others, you didn't define what kind of person they are. You defined what kind of person you are. I don't ask for help when I am capable. I don't wallow when I am depressed. I don't gossip. I don't hold grudges. I don't exclude. I don't put on a show different than what I live behind closed doors. When I'm low, I call a friend who gives me a reality check. When I'm worrying, I serve someone else. When I'm hurt, I forgive. When I smile, it is genuine. If I am blessed with service from others, I say thank you. I have realized that I am my happiest when I forget about myself all together. And by forgetting about myself, I have found the acceptance to really love myself. I'm ok in my life if you don't agree with me. The world would be boring if everyone was identical to one set of expectations. You either like me, or you don't. If you do, then we're probably pretty good friends already :)

1 comments:

Carrie said...

I love this post! I really needed to hear it...I have been a bit of a complainer lately. It must be time to forget myself-something I have not been doing much of lately. Thanks for the reminder and by the way I like you. :) Are you back to homeschooling this year?