Thursday, August 04, 2011

Master, the tempest is raging

Master, with anguish of spirit
I bow in my grief today;
The depths of my sad heart are troubled
Oh, waken and save, I pray!
Torrents of sin and of anguish
Sweep o’er my sinking soul;
And I perish! I perish! dear Master
Oh, hasten, and take control.

3 comments:

proudmama said...

The winds and the waves obey Thy will
Peace, be still!
Whether the wrath of the storm tossed sea
Or demons or men, or whatever it be
No waters can swallow the ship where lies
The Master of ocean, and earth, and skies
They all shall sweetly obey Thy will
Peace, be still! Peace, be still!

There is calm after the storm.

Proudmama said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeanie said...

WOW, April. I am SO. SORRY!! Reading this made me tear up. There was a 10 yr old boy that I babysat in the mornings (before he went to school) when Abbie was 3 that was starting to be inappropriate with her- in our house! He got caught by my husband hovering over her as she was laying on the floor, trying to kiss her. He was never allowed in our house again or around our kids. What your kids went through though is so much worse, and I really hope they're able to get the help/therapy they need. I'm glad you have such good friends and ward members there to help you out during this time. I also hope things will go well for James and that he will recover quickly so that he can be home with his family. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Our Heavenly Father is watching over you and you will later see the tender mercies he has for you, even though it is hard right now. Stay strong. You will get through it.