Maren wanted to dye her hair, since I dyed mine yesterday. And her color of choice was pink or purple. I told her that she could do purple for a day with the spray stuff sold at the party store, since we already had that one. But I was reading stuff online about using purple koolaid as a toner to minimize brass tones, so I tried it out on her!
Before. I put 5 cups of hot water, and 1 pkg of grape koolaid (no sugar!) in a bowl wide enough to dip her head into. James held her upside down for 3 minutes to saturate her hair, then I let it drip dry. No rinsing.
I didn't rinse it, because I wanted to give her a purple effect. But you can see it put an ash tone on her hair, and slight violet! If you have brass tones in your hair that you don't like, try mixing half a package with your shampoo, leave it on for 3 minutes, and rinse it out instead. I know I will be!



5 comments:
Nice shirt ;)
We tried dying Ian's hair blue with Koolaid this past summer...he decided he didn't want to wait 3 minutes and we had to rinse it out before it worked. Bah.
Purple looks cute on Maren!!
that's funny! Winni just asked yesterday if we could dye her hair pink, because one of her friends has pink hair. Maren's hair looks great! Who'da thunk?
Oh, neat. Looks cute. :) She's beautiful as always.
I was going to try this on Sabrina because she really wanted to dye her hair pink or purple. And I look up the kool aid thing. But, someone told me that the kool aid would come off on everything. Glad you tried it first now maybe we'll give it a swing. It looks awesome!
When I was 14 I went on a ski trip with friends and we did streaks with red koolaid. My parents did not enjoy my pink stripes when I got home, but I sure did!
Post a Comment