Monday, January 24, 2011

Wisdom of children

I am SO over being cold! I sound like such a brat though, really I am grateful for my warm home, and my great car that keeps us warm while we go from place to place. But it's those moments of having to walk in the air in between house/car/place, and place/car/house. Such.a.wimp.

But maybe it's because I can't wait for all of the fun events we have coming in the spring! I'm turning 30 (eep!) and James and I will be celebrating 10 year anniversary. And my sister in law will be getting married. (those 4 weeks are going to be jam-packed, because there will also be Mother's day that nobody better forget ;) And Kellan will be turning 6!) Hurry up spring!

I totally get it why it feels SOO long for a child to have their birthday come around every 365 days. They have that in their mind every single day practically. Well, that, and Christmas. So it feels like it takes forever. But as an adult, I am thinking about my task that needs to be done in the next hour, the next 4 hours, the next morning. Always thinking. Always planning short term accomplishments. And before I know it, an entire year has slipped away with me thinking "Where did the time go?"

So now I get it. And I'm looking at life like my children do. Sure, all of my tasks will be the same, but they won't be at the forefront of my focus anymore. I am giving myself time to get excited for adventures and celebrations, and I'm finding that I enjoy the days more when I notice the good stuff I'm waiting for too. Hurry up spring!!

0 comments: