This is basically a photo dump from our trip earlier this month, no hilarious stories or quirky experiences, just overall a good visit back home.
The kids are becoming little pro's when it comes to flying. We always get complimented on how well behaved they are, and how brave I am to fly with 3 of them by myself. Really, I'm not brave, they are good kids! 
She told me that when she grows up, she wants to be a snack lady on an airplane. Because that's all they do, right? Sounds like a heavenly job!
This is their new friend, Bethany. And every snowman after that has also been named Bethany. But I seriously question my brother's skills if THIS is the best that he can do! But really, what a cool uncle to go outside and let loose a little bit.
When something is this beautiful, you can't miss out on a tour of Christmas lights like this!
The kids loved the Nativities from all over the world, looking at the different animals and features on the people was a good Geography discussion ;)
This was so beautiful and I couldn't capture it well enough on my cell phone :( This is obviously a need for a new cell phone, right James?
My baby sister. Not a baby anymore though, she's 18 now! I'm told we look a like. We went to IHOP after seeing the lights, to warm up, and celebrate the fun of getting pulled over by the police. Good times.
An all beef Chili and Cheese hot dog from Weinerschnitzel. You know you're jealous. Whenever we go to Utah, we have a check list of favorite places to eat at that we miss living here in NC.
A traditional trip to Gardner Village was also fun, Christmas ornaments were our souvenoirs to take home, and I think Maxwell felt a kindred spirit to these cute guys.
And these guys too. Although, his little fingers must have looked tasty when he reached out calling to the ducks- and though these guys are cute, it was a little intense as they darted towards us kept following as we tried to get out of there.
We found out that he didn't have just a really bad sprain, but also a small fracture in his wrist. Really didn't change much of how we were taking care of it anyway, the only reason I took him to get an xray was because I couldn't find a splint to fit his little arm, and I thought "ok fine, then the doc will give me one at the office, I'll just pay a few hundred dollars for it though ;)" And then they wouldn't even give me one! Their protocol was to cast it, just to ensure that the fracture healed as quickly as it could- but it wasn't a compound fracture needing to be set, and my husband's philosophy is that muscles shouldn't atrophy when a fracture will heal no matter what if it's just protected. So we didn't get a splint from the doc, we paid several hundred dollars to confirm what our common sense already determined (to protect something that hurts, so it doesn't hurt more, until it doesn't hurt anymore, duh.) And the hunt for a small enough splint for the right support continued. Finally an obscure hole-in-the-wall apothecary provided what we needed for a mere $32. Lesson learned, I shouldn't doubt myself.
Really, breathtaking. Salt Lake City has grown so much in city development though, so the air quality sucks, and that is a different kind of breath-taking that's not the good kind. A view like that is kind of like the end of The Sound of Music, except there are roads and modern living so it's the best of both!Winter in Utah is not as difficult to endure as the Winters here in NC are for me. The altitude, the humidity, combined with the bare trees and the Eastern cold hits me like a truck every year. Then I spend several months hibernating like a bear, growling like a bear too, wishing for spring with every fiber of my body. Seasonal depression sucks for every person who has to put up with me I'm sure! But coming back to it full force, with jet lag and vacation exhaustion in general really threw me for a funk. My sweet husband was so patient with me for the several days I spent in bed, so were my kids. But my favorite flower, and a spontaneous break from work just to drive home and give me a hug and support was good medicine.
No matter how much I miss everyone back home in UT, and all the faces of the people that I love, nothing beats coming back to your own stuff. I love the feeling of walking into my home and thinking to myself "I love our little nest we've built. I love my house." And I think I need to visit Utah when it's warm next time.
No matter how much I miss everyone back home in UT, and all the faces of the people that I love, nothing beats coming back to your own stuff. I love the feeling of walking into my home and thinking to myself "I love our little nest we've built. I love my house." And I think I need to visit Utah when it's warm next time. 






1 comments:
So glad you were able to come visit. Love you and miss you.
Post a Comment